Monday, November 30, 2009

The November of Thankfulness


I am a fan of Facebook.  It's been so much fun to see what is happening with my friends and their families, reconnect with old friends and meet new ones.  I especially like to see what my friends are thinking from day to day, and I'm so encouraged by a lot of their posts.  I'm also amused by a lot of what they say, but on November 10th I came across a post that challenged the FB community to spend the rest of the month listing things they are thankful for.  It was great to see how many took that challenge and how profound so many of them were.  Last week I listed some of the things I was thankful for on a daily basis, and since I spent the weekend with my family and missed Bible study on Sunday, I thought I would recap the my list from the month.  

Nov 10 (initial post) - "Let's see how many people can do this - Every day this month until Thanksgiving, think of one thing that you are thankful for and post it as your status. 'Today I am thankful for...' The longer you do it, the harder it gets! Now, if you think you can do it then repost this message as your status to invite others to take the challenge, then post what YOU are thankful for today....."

Nov 10 - Today I am thankful for... Steve, Scott and Sarah :)


Nov 11 - Today I am thankful for JESUS and everything He is! 


Nov 12 - Today I am thankful for my fabulous sisters!!


Nov 13 - Today I am thankful that the rain has let up enough for me to walk this morning!!


Nov 15 - Today I'm thankful for GREAT and SPECIAL friends, and thankful to live in a country where we can freely worship our LORD :)


Nov 16 - Today I am thankful for God's MERCY -- that I don't get what I deserve!


Nov 17 - Today I'm thankful for God's GRACE - that He gives me blessings I don't deserve!!


Nov 18 - Today I am thankful for Christian parents who brought me up in the Truth. I do NOT take that for granted!!


Nov 19 - Today I am thankful for friends who love, encourage & pray for me & my family. I LOVE y'all!


Nov 20 – Today I am thankful for Dr Bob Williams, who performed surgery on me two years ago today.  He and Kim are two of our dearest friends.


Nov 21 – Today I am thankful for Dr Pat Saul, who performed a tenuous gyn surgery on me one year ago today.


Nov 22 – Today I am thankful for God’s LOVE that’s unconditional, infinite and eternal.


Nov 23 – Today I am thankful for the HOPE I have in Jesus Christ, that this life isn’t all there is.


Nov 24 – Today I am thankful for the JOY I have in Jesus Christ, that I can wake up every morning knowing He loves me.


Nov 25 – Today I am thankful for my health, and that I am spending Thanksgiving AT HOME instead of in the hospital =D


Nov 26 – Today I am thankful for lessons that have taught me to be CONTENT.  They aren’t easy but they are effective.


Nov 27 – Today I am thankful that I do not have a hose up my nose, aka a nasogastric tube.  On this day two years ago I DID!


Nov 28 – Today I am thankful (again) for the Godly heritage He has given me in my wonderful family, and for the huge blessing of spending this weekend with them.  I’ve missed the last two thanksgiving weekends because I’ve been in the hospital!!


Nov 29 – Today I am thankful for FAITH, the confident assurance that God is in control & working out all the craziness of life.


Nov 30 – Today I am thankful that I live in the Church Age -- after the birth of Jesus. Think about all the blessings we have because He came to live among us!  I can’t imagine living without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit or the many copies of the written Word (and study resources) that are in my possession!

The originator of that post said "The longer you do it, the harder it gets" but I didn't really find that to be the case. I guess because it put me in the mindset of looking for things to be thankful for, the more blessings I realized.

And THAT is a good lesson :)

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your Facebook posts as well as your blog. Thanks for being faithful and sharing your faithfulness with others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On this day I am thankful for your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many things to be thankful for. I am thankful when Olivia's little classmates run up and hug me, and say, "Hey Olivia's mom!" I think God is showing his love for me through these little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee Belcher HubinakDecember 2, 2009 at 9:46 PM

    We each have so many things to be thankful for. I am humbled and grateful to God for all the many blessings He has provided me, too many to count. I am most grateful for His love and sacrifice to save a sinner such as myself. May all that I do Glorify His name.

    ReplyDelete