Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Stressed and calling out

For some reason I'm feeling compelled to get this down.  Well, I know that reason to be the prompting of the Holy Spirit. so I'm going to do it.  So to whomever stumbles on this -- God sent you here, so I hope this is helpful for whatever stressful situation you find yourself in. Or the one that may be headed your way ;)

I always envision stressful situations as waves on the beach.  When I was a little girl and we went to the beach, I hated the feeling of a wave knocking me down.  Salt water burning my sinuses, and murky water blurring my vision.  Shifting sand and crashing currents keeping me from getting a foothold.  Thrashing around and trying to get OUT, and then my dad reaching down in the surf and lifting me up in his arms.

So in the middle my current crashing waters, God is reminding me that He is the Dad who is going to scoop me up, brush the hair from my face and show me that everything is ok.  That HE IS going to MAKE everything ok.

This is my praise and prayer:
Lord,
  • You are Jehovah Jireh, my Provider. Like You provided a lamb for Abraham and Isaac to sacrifice, You will give me what I need in this situation.  
  • You are Jehovah Maccaddeshcem, my Sanctifier.  Like you set apart Your children from the world, You will use this situation to set me apart from the world and draw me closer to You.
  • You are Jehovah Nissi, my Banner.  You identify me as YOUR own, and like You gave Your children victory over their enemies, You will give me victory over all my worries and thoughts and emotions.
  • You are Jehovah Rapha, my Healer.  Like You healed the sick from their illnesses, You will bring healing and rest to me.
  • You are Jehovah Roi, the God Who sees me, my Shepherd.  You see my brokenness and my heartbreak, and like You led Your children through the wilderness and into the promised land, You will lead me thru this stress and into a place of rejoicing.
  • You are Jehovah Sabbaoth, the Lord of Hosts.  Like You fought for Your children in the heavenlies, You will fight the unseen dark forces of the world that are coming against me in this situation.
  • You are Jehovah Shalom, my Peace.  Enough said :)
  • You are Jehovah Shammah, my Constant Companion.  Your Spirit goes before me, stands beside me, guards behind me, and lives within me.  Where can I go from Your presence?
  • You are Jehovah Tsikidnu, my Righteousness.  Because of Jesus, I can come into Your presence and as I learn to more fully rely on You thru this trial, You will make me more like Him.

Thank You, Lord, that You are FAITHFUL.  Thank You for drawing me closer to You, for providing for me, comforting me, fighting for me and giving me victory.  And for teaching me to depend on YOU and not myself.  In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment: