Monday, August 9, 2010

Birthday Craziness

Birthdays are special, especially when you're the birthday girl!  So in honor of my birthday, I've decided to do something HIGHLY unusual for me... 
I'm SLEEPING IN.  Yes, my family and close friends know that I'm the queen of the early birds, but I have decreed it -- I am going to stay in the bed until I decide to get up.


I don't do this very often because it brings back memories of recovering from surgery, and that's a phase of my education that I hope is COMPLETE.  Heck, even when I was recovering from surgery I wanted to be up and at 'em by the time Steve left for the office! He needed to know that I had successfully navigated the shower, slipped on my stylish elastic-waisted flannel pajama pants, and that my wounds were properly dressed.  Then we felt all was well... or as well as it COULD BE with a belly full of stitches and a cabinet full of Lortab.


Anyhoo... Sarah is excited that I'm starting the day living on the edge, what with the sleeping-in and all, and she said, "SO... does this mean we can skip the cottage cheese and fruit and have chocolate chip pancakes with bacon and sausage??"


Please.  One scandalous adventure at a time.  Let me get the sleeping-in thing under my belt first.  I'm gonna have to work up to the pancake breakfast ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment