Monday, September 27, 2010

Phoenix Shout-out

I just got back from 5 fabulous days in Phoenix!! What a great time we had promoting our trip to Israel next March.  It is going to be another amazing trip and we are praying for the Lord to open doors for more folks to join us, so if you're interested -- let me know!!! Click here to visit the site and download a brochure.

Dr David Barnes, John Rinehart, Med Skeens, me,
Don Schepemaker, Michelangelo & Jon
It was a whirlwind trip that began when we got into town on Wednesday. Our friends Anita and Mark had us over for a fabulous dinner. Thursday was a flurry of activity at Southwestern College, talking with the students at chapel, a panel discussion on ministry, then lunch with the team. What a great Christian college and any college student that is interested in going to Israel with us can get 3 college credits through Southwestern!

Bowling at Lucky Strike
Then we hopped on the light rail and headed downtown for a fun night out. Michelangelo took us to a really cool place - Lucky Strike Lanes. I wasn't prepared to bowl, but it was such a fun time and the food was great!! And Don was The Man... seriously... 180+ is pretty impressive.


me, Rosie & Sandi
Friday I got to have lunch with two of the sweetest women I know, Sandi and Rosie. Sandi and I have been friends since we met on our 2009 Israel trip, but we were only Facebook friends with Rosie... until now. We enjoyed a 2+ hour lunch and got to know Rosie better. What a precious lady and what a remarkable testimony she has. Then Sandi took me to Fashion Square Mall to visit with our friend Glenda... and of course SHOP... 'nuff said :)

Friday night we went to Cibo Urban Pizzeria in downtown Phoenix. What a fun night! If you live in Phoenix, you have to visit this cool downtown bistro. They have a great menu, yummy desserts and live entertainment. Michelangelo and Jon put on a great show to promote his new cd: The Come Away Project. You can download it on iTunes or buy it here on cdbaby. Great alternative Christian rock, and you won't be disappointed.
Jon & Michelangelo
These guys will be blessing us in Israel

I got a little work done on Saturday before the party at Rick and Debbi's house. What gracious hosts they were and they allowed us to show photos of our past trips to Israel and explain our Holy Land ministry to some friends who are interested in making the pilgrimage with us. I recently blogged about our experience and vision, so click here if you'd like to read about what makes our trips distinctive.


Worship at Kineo
Sunday morning was a special blessing because I got to visit Kineo Church, a vibrant and dynamic church plant in downtown Phoenix. Jeff Skeens is a fresh, young, energetic preacher who is on-fire for Jesus. The Lord's hand is all over this faithful group, and it'll be exciting to see how He uses this fellowship for His kingdom.

And one last shout-out to Med and Gail Skeens - Dad and I can't thank you guys enough. Your gracious hospitality went above and beyond anything we could have hoped. We loved meeting your sons and their families, and you are truly blessed and you are truly blessings to everyone around you. And thanks a bunch for letting me take a catnap on your couch Sunday afternoon. The red-eye back to Roanoke was... hmm... let's just say, less than restful...

I'm so blessed to have these friends, these precious brothers and sisters in the Lord. I love the Body of Christ and how we have an instant bond because of our faith in the Lord Jesus. I'm constantly amazed at Who He is and What He does.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a blast!! I pray that one day soon I will get to take this trip with you all.

    ReplyDelete