Saturday, March 20, 2010

I'm BACK!

I just got back from a FABULOUS time in Israel, but I am EXHAUSTED!  I can't sleep on an airplane unless I'm next to the window or sitting beside someone I can comfortably lean on.  That is usually Steve or one of the kids, so since none of them were with me this trip it meant I snoozed off and on.  And now I'm paying the price!!


I had great intentions on this trip.  One was that I was going to do a blog post everyday.  The other good intention was that I was going to take pictures everyday, download them to flash drives, and then distribute the drives at the end of the trip.  Well.... neither of them happened.  Oh, I sfited thru hundreds of pictures every day and got them loaded onto drives, but that process was WAY more labor intensive than I realized.  By Thursday night I had given up on everything except keeping a master copy of the pictures.


But I DID manage to get a lot loaded onto Facebook, and I'll get the drives in the mail by the end of the week.  I hope my fellow pilgrims will enjoy them!!


My 2nd trip was very different from the first.  Last year I was busy taking pictures & notes and trying to remember everything.  This year I got to sit back and enjoy the trip and REALLY take it all in.  The layout of Jerusalem makes sense to me now, I can easily recognize the sights from Galilee, and we had an incredibly knowledgeable guide who gave us some great information.  I still took a BUNCH of pictures, and for anyone who isn't on Facebook, you can link to them from here:  


Galilee photos
Jerusalem & Judea photos


We are planning the trip for 2011, so check back SOON for the link.  There is an optional Egypt add-on, so that will be a great extension!!


Ok, I'm about to drop.  Can't wait to sleep in my OWN BED!

3 comments:

  1. What I am most impressed about is that you took time to post this blog on the same day of your return home. I bet we wont see you for a few days...Glad you had a safe and enjoyable trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Adean! This was a great trip, and I really learned a lot. I've got some ideas about next year so we'll be able to stay in touch and share what's happening each day.
    Let's do lunch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soooo happy you are home!! Loved, loved, loved the pictures and it seemed that it was a bit warmer than last year, huh? Remember how we looked for a Jerusalem Gap? HA!
    What a fantastic trip and I'm going to start packing for next year!!
    love, sandi !!!!

    ReplyDelete