Thursday, March 11, 2010

Shalom, y'all!



After months of planning, it's finally here!!  Tomorrow I leave for 8 days in the Holy Land, and I CAN'T WAIT!  My Dad took me last March, and I'm going back again.  Dad can't go this year, but hopefully he can go again next year.  That's a great father-daughter bonding experience.

I'll be posting pictures everyday on Facebook, and doing a blog post with a few pics and some tales of the day's events.  The weather in Israel is great this time of year -- the forecast for Galilee next week is 60s-70s, and Jerusalem will be a little cooler.

Looking forward to doing some new stuff this year.  Hopefully we'll have time to hike at En Gedi, where David and his soldiers hid from King Saul.  The athlete in me is really excited about that visit.  In Jerusalem we'll visit Yad Vashem, the Holocaust museum, and also the Temple Institute.  The student in me is really excited about those stops.  We'll make the usual stops again, and the Jesus-follower in me is excited about visiting Capernaum, the Mt of Beatitudes, Gethsemane and the Garden Tomb.  Last year I felt like I was so busy taking notes and pictures that I missed some chances to just EXPERIENCE those places. I'll be taking pics again but I'll be able to focus better this time around.

Here are a couple of shots from last year -- I hope we have the same great weather!

Sea of Galilee

Dome of the Rock and the Eastern Gate

















Empty Tomb
















We're looking forward to a great week!

If you're interested in going, it's very reasonably priced and there are plans for another trip next year, Mar 4-12, 2011.


If you're interested, stay tuned - details to come!!




1 comment:

  1. helllo mother! i miss you tons! check your facebook because scott and i both sent you a message and we havent heard back from you! love you :)

    ReplyDelete